Requirements to Run for School Board Trustee
A. An individual is eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, a Texas school board if the individual:
- is a United States citizen;
- is 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
- has not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- has not been finally convicted of a felony from which the individual has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
- has resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:
a. for an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate’s application for a place on the ballot;
b. for a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate’s name is written in; or
c. for an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made;
- is registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described at 5. above; and
- satisfies any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.
Texas Election Code 141.001.
Date Next Election: Saturday, May 2, 2020
Location Next Election:
Glen Rose City Hall
201 NE Vernon St.
Glen Rose, TX 76043
Deadline to File: Friday, February 14, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Notice of Deadline for Place on Ballot 2020
Order of Election-2020
Notice of Election
Public Notice-Test Auto Voting Equipment