AP and DUAL CREDIT COURSES
AP TESTING POLICY, DATES, AND REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- AP Overview https://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/college-resource-center/credits-before-college/
DUAL CREDIT REQUIREMENTS
- Student must meet testing and GPA requirements to take a dual credit class. Students must also complete the application and registration process.
- Testing Requirements for Dual Credit
- GPA requirements and recommendations: Students taking academic dual credit classes must have a high school gpa of a 3.0 (75) or higher and is strongly recommended to have a 3.4 (85) or higher in the subject area of requested class(es).
- ASU: Apply online at http://www.angelo.edu/dept/dual_credit/
- Hill College: Apply online at http://www.applytexas.org.
- Student that are currently enrolled in a dual credit class do not have to complete an application again.
- See Ms. McClure or Ms. Nance for assistance if needed.
- ASU Checksheet
- ASU Dual Credit Information.
- How to Apply for Hill College Admissions
- Hill College Dual credit application
- New/Returning Student checklist
- GRHS Dual Credit Parent Contract only needs to be complete once.
- All forms are due in the counseling office by August 1st for Fall classes and November 15th for Spring classes.
Transcript Request Angelo State University and Hill College
It is the student’s responsibility to request that his/her official college transcript be sent to another college or institution of higher learning. High school counselors are not allowed to request college transcripts on behalf of a student.
- Angelo State University Transcript Request: https://www.angelo.edu/services/registrars_office/tranreq.php
- Hill College Transcript Request: http://www.hillcollege.edu/Admissions_and_Aid/Admissions/Transcripts.html
All GRHS seniors that have completed a dual credit class with ASU or Hill college will receive an unofficial transcript in their senior packet at the end of the year. Students that would like an unofficial copy of their ASU or Hill college transcript before high school graduation can request one from the high school counselors.
DUAL CREDIT SCHOLARSHIP and VOUCHER INFORMATION
Angelo State University offers the CARR Scholarship to every Glen Rose High School student taking dual credit classes through ASU:
- The CARR scholarship through ASU will pay for 9 college hours (3 courses).
- GRISD will cover any additional hours a student takes through ASU.
Glen Rose ISD will pay for the following courses taken with Hill College:
- Art Appreciation, Music Appreciation, Medical Terminology, Psychology, Spanish, US Government, and Texas Government
- All automotive, cosmetology, or welding including all fees and supplies associated with these courses.
- GRISD will not pay for books required for online classes through Hill Colleges