AP and DUAL CREDIT COURSES
AP TESTING POLICY, DATES, AND REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- AP Overview https://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/college-resource-center/credits-before-college/
DUAL CREDIT REQUIREMENTS
- Student must meet testing and GPA requirements to take a dual credit class. Students must also complete the application and registration process.
- Testing Requirements for Dual Credit
- GPA requirements and recommendations: Students taking academic dual credit classes must have a high school gpa of a 3.0 (75) or higher and is strongly recommended to have a 3.4 (85) or higher in the subject area of requested class(es).
- ASU: Apply online at http://www.angelo.edu/dept/dual_credit/
- Hill College: Apply online at http://www.applytexas.org.
- Student that are currently enrolled in a dual credit class do not have to complete an application again.
- See Ms. McClure or Ms. Nance for assistance if needed.
- ASU Checksheet
- ASU Dual Credit Information.
- How to Apply for Hill College Admissions
- Hill College Dual credit application
- New/Returning Student checklist
- Glen Rose Parent Contract only needs to be complete once per school year.
- All forms are due in the counseling office by August 1st for Fall classes and November 15th for Spring classes.
- ASU Ramport Information
Transcript Request Angelo State University and Hill College
It is the student’s responsibility to request that his/her college transcript be sent to another college or institution of higher learning. High school counselors are not allowed to request college transcripts on behalf of a student.
- Angelo State University Transcript Request: https://www.angelo.edu/services/registrars_office/tranreq.php
- Hill College Transcript Request: http://www.hillcollege.edu/Admissions_and_Aid/Admissions/Transcripts.html
DUAL CREDIT SCHOLARSHIP and VOUCHER INFORMATION
Angelo State University offers the CARR Scholarship to every Glen Rose High School student taking dual credit classes through ASU:
- All courses with ASU are currently taken free of change.
Glen Rose ISD will pay for the following courses taken with Hill College:
- Art Appreciation, Music Appreciation, Medical Terminology, Psychology, Spanish, US Government, and Texas Government
- All automotive, cosmetology, or welding including all fees and supplies associated with these courses.
- GRHS will not pay for books required for online classes through Hill Colleges