GRISD will be collecting for the Hurricane Harvey Relief effort. Drop off times and location is as follows:
– Thursday and Friday, 8:00 – 4:00 at the GRISD Technology Center, if no one is there, feel free to leave by front door.
– Monday, 9:00 – 12:00 at the GRISD Technology Center
If you leave anything over the weekend, we will be by to pick it up and put it inside, if you feel comfortable doing that.
We will be delivering on Wednesday to the Salvation Army in Freeport, TX in Brazoria county.
After talking with the Salvation Army on-site in Freeport TX (Brazoria County), here is what they need:
– canned vegetables: corn, carrots, potatoes, green beans, things children would eat.
– canned or dried meat: tuna, chicken, Vienna sausages, etc. If you have frozen meat, contact us Tuesday morning so we can see if we can deliver it or not.
– manual can openers, not electric
– cleaning supplies and trash bags. Specifically anti-microbial wipes or sprays, rags/paper towels, and trash bags.
100% of everything given will go directly to the relief efforts in Brazoria county.